Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

Bantayan Island + Virgin Island



Bantayan Island, Cebu

In the wee hours of the morn, 4 am, we headed to North Bus Terminal, hopped on a bus to Hagnaya Port and maximized the much needed sleep for about 4 hours. Bus fare does not exceed P200 I think.



We arrived at San Remegio and boarded a ferry (1 hour) to Sta. Fe, Bantayan Island. In San Remegio, we passed by a lot of historic buildings... and you probably know by now how I feel about history if you're a frequent reader of my chronicles. If not, check my previous gushy travel posts here.



Reminds me of Thailand's Tuktuk. 

Having travelled at least half of the country, I have developed a fascination for the unique style of public transportations - tricycles particularly. Planning to do a post about this when I get enough pictures and have gone to a lot more places.

//Can you imagine how much profit each driver would earn every full ride?



Pardon the haggard faces. This was our third day in Cebu. Third day of going home around 12 am and getting up at 3 am to catch the bus to the ends of the island. We tried hard maximize our time to go to all the places in my itinerary and eat all the lechon and local delicacies we could.



Cheap eats because budget travellers. I tried my first octopus (P35 for a big serving good for 2-3 people) here! My love for tentacles was sated and my braces managed to hold on hahaha.

From the big gate of the docking port, walk straight for awhile and you'll see this on the left side.



We rented 2 motorcycles from the locals for less than P300 each. It looks like I'm driving fast but in reality, I was so slow that people who saw me driving were chuckling. Plus, I was like calling out to Atsi Hanna the whole time about how scared I was of accidentally running over somebody, attacking a house or heading straight on to another vehicle. I am a hazardous driver. Beware.

I feel like we've been conned with the motorcycles because it does not work properly (?). That or my friends and I are just used to driving perfectly working motorcycles and not something that you have to tweak or pray over to work.





Bantayan Island was actually one of the places that suffered the brunt of Typhoon Haiyan. You can still see what it left in its wake especially in residential coastal areas.

//We weren't able to really go explore much of Bantayan because we had to catch the last trip back to Cebu proper... -.-



Virgin Island, Cebu

From Bantayan Island, we rode a bangka to Virgin Island. The bangka usually costs P1200-1500 but we've got super awesome haggling skills so we rented it for only P800 for 2 islands - though we were not able to go to the other island because we enjoyed this one a bit much.




Follow me and my non-existent love life haha


Rentals:
Snorkels: P100/hr
Rubber Boats: 500/hr or P200/hr
Rowboats: P100/hr
Swimming Floats: P100/2 hrs or P50/ 2 hrs
Towels: P100

*deposit of P200

Cottages: P300, P500, P800 or P1000
Table and Chairs: P300 (extra chair: P50 each)

Virgin Island rates as of December 2014. The island pretty much caters to foreigners. I don't think I encountered any Filipinos there except for the staffs. //Pretty much Manila pool rates






I especially like staring at the last picture every free time I get. And imagine that I was back there feeling the sun and not stressing over accounting. Uni is stressing meee #SummerFeels


Accidentally deleted the raws TT_TT I thought that when you click "delete from disk" in Lightroom, it would delete the copy but nooo the original gets deleted. I cry because I've been doing this since late last year and I just realized this now. I'm just still so thankful right now that I actually keep this blog so not really everything is lost (unless Google decides to shut me down).

I tried my very best to get a darker skin tone. Or have that bikini tan line. It lasted for a few days - too good to last long lol


This post finally ends my December 2014 Cebu series! I can finally start on Negros Oriental posts. Planning to finish posting my December posts before June but I doubt it. I also have like 3-5 restaurant or cafe posts on queue right now -.- And the torture of studying does not end 'til first week of June.

Watch in HD!

Sibonga, Cebu: Monastery of the Holy Eucharist | Oslob, Cebu | Cebu Video Diary | Cebu City

No comments:

Post a Comment