Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Day 4: Hong Kong Disneyland


Friends I've known who had been to Disneyland told me to spend at least a whole day there. And they were right!


From Mong Kok, we headed to Tung Chung first to City Gate Outlet. It's a huge mall filled of branded outlet stores from Nike, Adidas, Guess to high end ones like Coach. We shopped 'til lunch (did not buy anything. Just ate :D )


So amazed Disney had their own train + it was so posh inside! Red velvet seats with gold accent!


Food is not allowed inside so I had to finish my lunch outside. My chopsticks skills was pressured lol. They also have lockers you can rent before you enter the park.


They were pressuring me because the Flights of Fantasy Parade was about to start. The parade occurs only once a day at 3:30pm. We went shopping first after the parade. I have always imagined myself at Disneyland wearing the cliche mouse ears headband. Do you know how much they cost?! Around HKD160!!! ...for a headband. Srsly rip off. I ended up buying caps for my sister and I instead for around HKD112 each.


I think we arrived around 3pm. More or less, we only had like 5 hours to spend idk. They close too early 8:30pm! The strategy pretty much was: Try all the most challenging rides with the shortest line.


First stop was Tomorrowland. We got to try Orbitron, Space Mountain and Autotopia.


He looks like Kuya Kim haha


The Golden Mickey's Storybook Theater. Mickey and the Wondrous Book schedule: 1:30pm, 3:45 pm, 5:15 pm and 6:30 pm.

So disappointed that Ariel turned out looking gay. I think it's the wig. Yeah. The wig definitely. Also, the way the host pronounces 'Mickey' is probably something I will always remember.


Fantasyland was next. We only got to try It's A Small World. //Stalking cute couples as always ;)


Passed by Cinderella Carousel, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Fantasy Gardens, Mad Hatter Tea Cups and Mickey's PhilHarMagic.


Toy Story Land I must say has the most challenging rides at Disneyland. We only got to pick between RC Racer and Toy Soldier Parachute Drop. Being the super fearless bestfriend aka adrenaline junkie jk, Belle picked the RC Racer. She badly wanted to sit at the edge. Too bad for her she's stuck with scaredy cats Ja and I.


Mystic Point's Mystic Manor definitely was our favorite rideee. Don't miss it I tell you! We were gushing about the ride 'til Grizzly Gulch.


We rode Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars. The mountain was awesome! Such details!


From Grizzly Gulch, we ran back to the Main Street to witness "Disney Paint the Night" Nighttime Spectacular at 7:15pm. Ariel still looked meh (Ariel fan here so I'm disappointed). Why is there no decent Arieeel *continues to whine*


Next agenda was to witness the iconic fireworks. Still an hour to go so we went to Tarzan's Treehouse but sadly it was already closed TT.TT We ended up joining a Jungle River Cruise in Mandarin. Pretty much tried to guess what the guide was saying lol.


If there was something Disney was synonymous with, it would be fireworks. Disney's highlight "Disney In the Stars" Fireworks starts at 8:15pm. I always hear people gushing about them. My friends were too after witnessing. Compared to my university (My uni is known for its fireworks too), I find my uni's better. Idk for me it's just a bit grander than my family's yearly fireworks. That or I suck at fireworks appreciation...

I've seen in Big Bang Theory and from ItsJudyTime that they actually have a Disney princess makeover in other Disneylands. Too bad they didn't have one here. I think it would've been super expensive too.

//Some photos from Ja

Day 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6&7

No comments:

Post a Comment