Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Cafe Dominic: Unlimited sweets and caffeine


Cafe Dominic
Biak na Bato corner Quezon Avenue, Near Banawe, Sto. Domingo, Quezon City

Landmark: Sto. Domingo Church (it's within the compound)

Writing this post right now during my "break". I am in the same place as in this post - drinking tea and trying to stop myself from drinking coffee for my third day in a row because something's wrong with my heart (literally) when I ingest too much caffeine. My Vick's is at hand as usual.


Cafe Dominic definitely makes it into my top study places not only because of the food but also because the staffs are really kind. The uncle smiles and chats with me whenever we go here. Plus points to the superb lighting - I love big windows and natural lighting.

I bet this post would garner a lot of views because of the magic word "UNLIMITED". Admit it. You got lured into my mini space by that word too :)


UNLIMITED CAKES AND DRINKS! NO TIME LIMIT! P250!

Too good to be true, yes? Believe me, it's real.

You might be wondering how the eff do they not go bankrupt. I wondered about that too. The thing is, their food (other than the unlimited cakes) ranges around P150-P200 and they don't sell their cakes and drinks individually. So it's, 'You want A cake or A drink? Pay up P250 even if you're only consuming one'. Good strategy huh. That and 90% of the people I've encountered so far whilst studying my arse from opening to closing time, rarely orders more than one cake or one drink.


Their drinks are quite good actually but the tea selection quite sadly is limited to only 3 brands. Two of which is earl grey and one black. But at least they serve tea to somehow "alleviate" you from puking from too much gluttony. 

They have about 10 kinds of cake - half of which are cheesecakes. The cakes are okay. Nothing special except for the fact that they are cakes. //Best cake award goes to carrot cake!


This is it. The last push for this school year and probably one of the life defining tests I'll be taking!

My fingers are crossed.

Update as of June 2, 2015: 
I passed! We started out somewhere around 1000  BSA and now we're down to around 400 (debarment capital of my uni indeed) //My summer vacation also officially starts. I can finally enjoy guiltless travel. No more worrying about needing to read 10 books for 1 subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment