Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Malingap Marketplace


Malingap Marketplace

49 Malingap St. Teachers' Village East, Quezon City
Store hours: 3:00 PM - 12:00 AM


Out of the 3 plans for this week (buy 1 get 1 drinks at Amo Yamie Crib, watch Sampung Sulyap and eat at Maginhawa), only eat at Maginhawa pushed through because my friend and I were swamped with school work. He wanted to cancel this one too but I forced my decision as usual because for the next two weeks, I think there'd be no more chance to go out. Finals is at hand!

I found Malingap Marketplace because of my love for matcha. I subscribe to Booky Manila... and their articles 15 Heavenly Matcha Desserts and Drinks to Fall in Love With and Quick Guide: 16 Exciting Finds at the Malingap Marketplace which featured a sisig pushed me to Malingap! 



Bhest Lasagna (they share a booth with dew dew cake) was the first stall we bought from because my main goal at Malingap Marketplace was to try the recently went viral Raindrop Cake or Dew Dew Cake (P120) as they named it.  It comes in 3 flavors: Milk Matcha, Black Honey and Mango Creme. 

The whole time I had been gushing about this particular cake my friend has been telling me that it's a scam and it's only gelatin and I'm like idgaf, I still want to taste. We got the Matcha flavor and it came with roasted soy. ...I wish they had better plates because their dessert was unique and it would've been more instagram-worthy if they did. On with the taste, the matcha barely tasted like matcha but we enjoyed eating because of the texture of the cake. 


Originally, we had no plans of buying lasagna but their free taste got me and my friend wanting more. They deserve the spot at Spot.ph's top 10 Beef Lasagna of 2015!!! Bhest lasagna indeed that I've ever tasted. Quite expensive (P160/slice, P2000/tray), but definitely worth it. I can't wait to have my mama taste their lasagna and gush about it. I think I'd also be craving it quite often and it'll be sad that I could only have the Greenwich one for substitute.


We got this big Tea in a jar of Raspberry-flavored drink for only P80. My friend wanted to take the jar home lol


One of my favorite dishes... sisig! I bought from Pampa (P120) and I approve of it as one of my favorite sisig (Sisig Express still no. 1). My friend, who isn't as hooked with sisig as I am, approves too. Will be trying their Dinakdakan next time!


 Takoyaki (I forgot the name of the shop)

 The last time I went to Maginhawa, I went to StrEAT which has the same concept as this place... I must say, I like Malingap better because the food is affordable and delicious and I prefer the ambiance of the place especially the fake grass lol (the seats were kind of awkward though because my but perfectly fits the missing part). Colonel Bob's Kitchen's prime ribs (P299) I shall return for youuu!

A big thank you to my friend who lets me drag him to eat at places + chip in with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment