Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

Miag-ao, Iloilo


The Municipality of Miag-ao is a one and a half jeepney ride from the main city. You can ride a jeep for Php48 (Php38 for students) to Miag-ao from Iloilo Terminal Market/"Super" (we rode from here), Mohon Terminal in Molo or the terminal in Arevalo. You can also ride buses going to Antique.

The entire ride, I was super sleepy. I've been sleeping usually around 3am. I was mentally slapping myself awake. It was not helping at all that I went with my little sister and little cousin who kept on falling asleep during the ride. You could say I was nanny for the day. But that beats travelling alone.



Miag-ao Church, also known as Sto. Tomas de Villanueva Parish Church, is indeed a sight to behold. It's the prettiest church I've seen. The church is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site "Baroque Churches of the Philippines". 


I could totally see myself getting married here. But ugh why is it so far from where I live. I doubt my guests would make their way to this town just for my wedding lol //We ate fillet mignon (Php180) at The Bistro for lunch.


Of course, I just have to visit University of the Philippines, where most of my friends go to. ...where I could've also gone to if I decided to push thru with my application. You can ride tricycles from the back of the church for P7 per head.

After this, we went to Miag-ao Cemetery Camposanto but sadly, the structure there was already ruined. But seriously, you can walk these 3 places.

I really wanted to go to San Joaquin but my lola wouldn't allow me. That and because of my companions. My sister isn't exactly the best travel buddy. She hates walking. I guess I'll be visiting San Joaquin, Guimbal and Tigbauan next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment