Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

Kitchen Diaries Cafe


Kitchen Diaries Cafe
2/F No. 11 East Capitol Drive, Pasig City

This cafe was my top #cafegoals for the semester since I read this #cakegoal worthy article from Spot.ph. I study at Metro Manila proper so Pasig city is waaay out of my region. The only way I could go there would be during holidays. And well, APEC week happened.

The NEW location of Kitchen Diaries Cafe was hard to find. My friend and I nearly gave up. They used to be located at Unit 1-E, 1st St., Pasig - which when you try to google is what would show up instead of their new address. Pretty much we were walking round and round the area. It came to a point wherein my friend told me to give up and just try a different cafe :<

Thank you digital age for making everything accessible though. Hello convenience for travelling and shopping - I really like the ZALORA app because it allows me to shop on-the-go and Google Maps for easy-peasy navigation. Anyway yaaay for mobile datas which allowed us to find the cafe.


From the roundabout island near Ynares Stadium, locate BPI (West Capitol Drive). The next street after San Rafael Street, is East Capitol Drive. Turn Ramen Cool way and pass by Santa Rosa St. It's on the Epic Roastery side and it's easy to miss because their entrance is at the back TT.TT

The place is small but the decors are pastel-colored and has so many motivational quotes everywhere (we needed it that moment) <3. I can imagine my room in the same color scheme.


The heartbreaking thing about that day was that the cake I specifically came to the cafe for was not sold in slices anymore. You have to order a whole one. 


We ended up ordering Choc-Nut Banoffee cake (140), Milo bomb (180 I think) and Sookies or statement cookie cups (2 for 120). The sookies were on promo. Actually the promo ended a day earlier but the owner I think was there and allowed us to still avail the promo.


Frozen Kid and Milo Bomb were their bestsellers for cold drinks if I remember correctly. You'll also have a video posted in their instagram when you order. We didn't know you have to pour the milo to the other cup so we ate/drank both cups separately and were extremely dissatisfied. I don't think eating it the right way would actually make a difference. Goodbye 180.

Sookie cups on the other hand were super cute. My friend liked it but I found the cups quite hard for my liking. //They're selling sookie cups as giveaways for your friends. You can customize what it says! I was contemplating on getting some for myself lol Inquire here.


I love their cakeee! It would've tasted better without the banana though (fruit hater sorry). If their choc-nut banoffee tasted that great, I wonder how the Rainbow Crepe would've tasted huhu 💔 Still not taking it out of my goals. I forgot to try their Red Velvet Cappuccino (so you should on your visit) because I was steering away from caffeine that time. Might get super high and trigger my anxiety. 

It's such a shame that a cafe with such tasty cake is quite hidden. I hope they'd move to a better place soon. //We went there November 27 and November 27 = Natsume Hyuuga's birthday. Yes I am still fangirling after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment