Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

Life Church MNL: Survivor 3


Last April 2 - 3, I spent part of my holy week break camping with my church. My family was discouraging me to push thru as a typhoon was about to enter the country circulates the news. But at the end, I still packed my bags and went off.

And you know what? No sign of rainfall the whole duration of the camp!

I was super amazed when I realized that the Philippine flag in Rizal Park was big. I never really gave it a second look but it's so prettyyy~

The waiting game started at Quirino Grandstand for about 4 hours. Participants count to about a hundred and were grouped into four groups named after Zambales' local cuisines: Bagnet, Linga, Buro and Ginapang. 

I got sorted to Bagnet, which coincidentally, is the only dish I could identify. Buro is my dog's name in Harvest Moon, but I guess it doesn't count?

The most challenging game before we left for Zambales was when the facilitators gave each group 1 SACK and only the things inside the sack gets to go to the camp. Each team had about 24 members each. I wasn't able to bring a jacket, pajamas, shorts and rashguard. I heard there were even some who weren't able to put anything in the sack at all! The horror.

Banana for the first day breakfast. I sort of went on an unexpected diet because I didn't really like the food (the food was okay. I'm just picky my nature) //I probably won't survive in the wild because I'm picky and I don't eat fruits.


(c) Ry Quirante

War Game 2.0 - the most brutal game I've ever participated in. Two players from each team will try to pull off the people who're holding the pole and drag them to the waters. The two players can ask to be subbed but the original person holding the pole will remain.

(c) Yshia Fernandez

Brutal I tell you! I prayed so hard that I wouldn't be the one to pull off the person from the pole. I don't think I could fathom hurting another person -.- plus I bet, I'd get kicked around huhu


The night ended with a bonfire. I ended it by attacking a tree and scraping my knee. Ouch.

Second day:

(c) Ry Quirante

You could actually cook using paper?! I was amazed.


Every free time I had, I swam and literally sunbathed. Hence, I am currently in peeling mode right now. Summer vacation in my university starts at late May or early June so I grabbed the opportunity to get a tan.

Photoshoots won't be lost of course:








Photo with my cell group girls


At the end of the day, it's not just the games that I remembered but the devotions and insights shared. I found it amazing how different perspectives come out in the same thing read. 

The best things I've learned: 

1) During the war game 2.0, the pole could represent you clinging unto Jesus and the the world trying to pull you away. At the same time, it could represent you holding unto sin and refusing to go back to God despite the people trying to bring you back to him. 

2) Jesus did not defend himself and accepted the blame - he acted as the sacrificial lamb in my place and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment