Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Anime Review: Nurarihyon no Mago


I first ran across Nurarihyon no Mago or Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan months ago. I was captivated by its songs. I never actually watched it, I just downloaded the songs. Shounen just doesn't appeal much to me as Shoujo does. I am, after all, a girl.


 Sunshine by Monkey Majik


Fast Forward by Monkey Majik


Sparky Start by Katake Size


Symphonic Dream by Katate Size

This week, I got money from who knows where and was able to buy a DVD. I was motivated to watch Nurarihyon because I was able to watch an episode on Animax. The scumbag DVD I bought didn't provide subtitles for episode 1 and 5 but I was so hyped in watching it that I let that small fact slip by.


The anime made me giddy and go asdfghjkl aka fangirling! Rikuo's just too hot in his yokai form + the smexy voice *hearts in my eyes* KYAAAA!

One of the great things that I noticed immediately while watching Nurarihyon was the graphics. There are times when the graphics looked 3D like the graphics from Detective Conan Movies. 'Twas cool! 


Another thing to like about Nurarihyon are the character's eccentricities. There are Animes that gets boring in the middle part of the series because the plot gets predictable and the characters shows the same side each time. The striking thing about Nurarihyon was the fact that though the series looks crowded because of the number of characters, the characters were able to distinguish themselves from the others. They were able to show a side that they could call their own. Something that made them different from the others and stand out on their own way.


My favorite pair would be Mezumaru and Gozumaru. Gozumaru's too cute. He's like the soft version of Natsume from Gakuen Alice (GA). He goes on blushing but keeps on denying it. Mezumaru on the other hand acts the way Kokoroyome would.

My favorite Yokai clan would be the Karasu-tengu. They all look super cool and responsible except the head. How ironic. The head, Karasu tengu was often a worry wart while the Sanbagarasu, his children, looked composed all the time.


Kappa is probably the cutest character. Plus the most interesting. I thought he was one of the 'weak' yokais but turns out to be a lot more than what he shows. I love his battle with Gangi Kozo. Kappa was so cool!


Get out of the stage you amateur actor -Rikou Nura





No comments:

Post a Comment