Pages

Friday, February 15, 2019

Hillside Cafe & Juice Bar


A few minutes' walk from Fishermall is an eco-friendly and health conscious cafe:

Hillside Cafe & Juice Bar

57 Mother Ignacia St., Quezon City, Philippines
Business Hours: 11:30AM to 9:30PM
Contact: (02) 374 1117
Facebook | Instagram


Fostered by my tendency to always get carried away by consumerism 😂, we celebrated Valentine's Day at this cafe. We were supposed to eat at Van Gogh is Bipolar but they were fully booked by the time we messaged them 2 days before the 14th ☹️. Maybe next Valentine's...


After Van Gogh is Bipolar, only Hillside was able to get checks for my celebration requirements:

✅ Brown/Cauliflower rice/Vegetable side dish
✅ Pescatarian/Vegetarian food
✅ Ambiance


You can also check their menu on instagram

It's so hard to find a healthy restaurant for pescatarians/vegetarians in Manila or Quezon City area as most are situated in Makati. I think it's mostly because more people in Makati area could afford to be health conscious - it's an expensive lifestyle to pursue to be honest especially if you're picky with food.


Avocado toast, PHP145

Usually, I would never opt for healthy food during celebrations... but we're currently on a 40-day fasting so we have no choice. Can you imagine how our chinese new year went? We celebrated it with no dumplings!!!


Oat & rye crusted smoked labahita, Php425

I had a hard time finishing this as the labahita was too salty (alone and even with the aglio olio). For the aglio olio, I found the sauce weird because it's similar to carbonara (or maybe it's the labahita's sauce???). A few improvements and I would've loved this because the labahita, arugula and aglio olio would've complemented each other so well!


Pan-seared grass-fed hanging tender steak, PHP425

No review for this because I wasn't able to taste - I am on a modified modified Daniels lol while my date is on a one meal a day fasting. I wanted to badly try the steaaak 🤤

Asked my date what he thought of the food and got the typical answer: okay lang pero masarap yung rice. Rice yung nagdala.


Matcha green tea superfood smoothie, PHP185
(Buy 1 take 1 for Valentine's Day!)

Overall, I think it was better that we had our date at Hillside instead of VGiB because there wasn't a lot of people and the place had a relaxing ambiance (SUPER PLUS POINTS FOR THE PLANTS). It was a great place to unwind! So I may be back there in a few days to study and try the superfood latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment