Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Would you Grab a Crab or not?


June 8, 2012 - We ate at a pricey restaurant for lunch: Grab a Crab. I've heard a lot of good reviews about it but... sadly, it was not to my taste (and my mom's too). I don't think their dishes were worth the price we had to pay. 

We ordered their specialties: Shanghai Szechuan Crab (P800 per serving) and Grab a Crab Rice(P160 per serving). Plus another dish called Chinese Tempura shrimp with Pork (P240 per serving).

(c) Google

Grab a Crab's place was posh. I don't feel their interior design though. I don't think I fit in there... I fit more at Mang Inasal (Haha). The staffs were great -very hospitable. Like duh. Of course they'd be hospitable seeing as there's only 3 tables to be served.

Their menu was HUGE! Me and my mom had to hold one menu together.
My eyes popped (thankfully not out their sockets) when I saw the prices. Well, what would you expect of posh restos but eye-popping prices. I was quite hesitant to order their specialties seeing as a serving costs P800 pesos. P800 for one crab! ONE!

Practicality aside for the first time ever, my mom allowed me to order anything as long as I can finish it. I was scared of not being able to finish everything(Their food was expensive!), I only ordered their specialties. 


My mom ordered Chinese Tempura Shrimp w/ Pork. It was one of the biggest disappointment in my mom's life. Just kidding! Ordering that dish... that poor excuse of a dish they poshly call 'Chinese Tempura Shrimp w/ Pork' when in fact it was bola bola/meatball. Not really meatball meatball but close enough. It was circle shaped (and they have the guts to call it tempura?!). They even classified it under seafood when in fact, it was 80% meat (?!). The shrimp was also as small as my pinky. And let me tell you something: I have small hands.

 Charge to experience

That was what my mom said as we were leaving. At least we only paid around P1000 for three dishes... unlike when we were at Rancheros where we paid around P2000+ for four dishes that didn't even taste that special (and their place was not airconditioned).

So, would you Grab a Crab or not?


No comments:

Post a Comment