Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Taiwan 🇹đŸ‡ŧ Day 2: Jiufen, Golden Waterfalls, Nanya Rock Formation, Bitoujiao Cape, Longdong Cave and Ruifang Night Market


The problem with me and my friends when we travel is that we exhaust ourselves to the point that we can't wake up to our scheduled 6am call time 😂 Not like this trip is any different, we woke up late and I think got out of the hotel at around 10am or later.


We took Bus 788 NTD30 to Jiufen and arrived just in time for lunch. The first thing we did though was buy Spirited Away-themed shirts. I love Jiufen so much because it sells a lot of Spirited Away items! The shirt set me back NTD250 but you won't find a lot of Spirited Away shirts in other parts of Taiwan but you will find a lot of merchandise in other night markets.


🔆 Jiufen is lined with souvenir shops (aka tourist traps for marupoks like me jk) BUT do not buy here. Buy at Shilin instead because you will find the same souvenirs and magnets there.


🔆 What to buy instead: Mail yourself a letter





Must try delicacy here: Sweet Taro Balls

Belle gave me that... I thought she bought one but it was a free sample. We didn't buy lunch because the small street of Jiufen is lined with people and free taste! Ready your stomach with free tea samples too! We tried a soya almond drink for NTD35 and we would not repeat that mistake again lol





This tempura is a must buy!!!


There's a store where you can find old chinese candies. Brings back your childhood memory!


Kunwari-may-boyfriend-ako-pose


We found this cute hole in the wall coffee shop near Gan Taro Balls which allows you to send a future letter to yourself or others. Price depends on the postcard NTD30 /merchandise you want to send + NTD10 for the shipping fee. I wrote a letter to myself, to be delivered a year later while Karen will have hers delivered after 2 years.


Must buy pasalubonggg


NTD40 quail egg


A-Mei Teahouse is the highlight of my Jiufen trip!!! Because this 100-year old teahouse inspired Spirited Away. I'm a big fan of Studio Ghibli especially Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle so huhu I cannot contain my happiness 💖💖💖 This must be what it means to living your dreams!



Of course, I had to coordinate my OOTD with my love for Spirited Away //although the color scheme may be different


We took the wrong bus to the Gold Museum NTD15 then hopped into another bus to Bitou Cape NTD60.  Along the way to Bitou, you will see Golden WaterfallsYinyanghai, Nanya Shore and Nanya Rock Formation.

After Jiufen, we were supposed to go to the Golden Waterfalls but as we passed by it, it wasn't as amazing as in pictures so we did not go down. And it was in an isolated spot so after taking pictures, you'll probably be waiting for a long time for another bus.



This was taken in Bitou Elementary School which is an elementary school that you have to hike, perched on a cliff BUT YOU HAVE TO HIKE. AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. I cannot emphasize this enough. Imagine the how tired the parents are from the hike + taking care of the children. Or the children who has to hike + learn in school. If I was the child, that's double torture - or maybe it's just me because I don't like stairs and upslope walking.



We saw a lot of family hiking + plants we've never seen before. Obviously we weren't able to get to the real beautiful view because Karen and I can't hike and we'll miss the last bus trip if we do. To the right of the view, you will see the scaly landscape of Longdong.

🔆 RANDOM FACT: 'Dong' in chinese means cave. 'Long' means Dragon. Hence, Dragon Cave When you think about it, Cartoon Network's The American Dragon's Jake Long is pretty open about his family being dragons 😂

We caught the last Bus 856 NTD90 to Ruifang Station for dinner. Ruifang Night Market is the street directly in front of the Ruifang Train Station. It's very small and mostly hawker food.




At the end of the street, you will see this place įžŽéŖŸčĄ— which is a foodcourt. 


The first thing you will notice will probably be the long line in Lin's Hujiaobing NTD45. We had a haaard time figuring out how to order so we stayed there for more than 10 minutes just observing the locals. To order, (1) you need to line,  (2) get a number, (3) wait for your number to be called,  (4) give your order, (5) wait 'til your number is called again for your order. Cooking time is approx 10 minutes. 

🔆 TIP: Brush up your Mandarin numbers so you can understand if it's your turn already. They BARELY speak any English.


I WILL NEVER FORGET THE NTD20 BRAISED PORK I ATE AT į‘žčŠŗįžŽéŖŸåģŖå ´-8號豐å‘ŗ肉įžš MO MO ROUGENG! Just thinking about it makes me drool. I swear... once I go back to Taiwan, I will never forget to visit this place again. They're at stall number 8! //The braised pork is unforgettableee


A NTD35 milktea at Cha Dao Bei before boarding a bus NTD15 back to Keelung for our luggage. I thought this would be our last meal for the day but Belle and I still bought sweets from a bakery for NTD27.

From our hotel, we walked to Sankeng Station and boarded the train to Nangang NTD41, Nangang to Zhongxiao Fuxing , and Zhongxiao Fuxing to Dingxi NTD28. We rented an Airbnb which was a short walk from Dingxi Station for around PHP325 per head per night.


📍Pink - Places we've been to

No comments:

Post a Comment