Pages

Friday, June 15, 2018

Authentic Northern Chinese cuisine at 麥磑房 Mai Wei Fang, Robinsons Manila


麥磑房 Mai Wei Fang
Robinsons Manila; just beside French Baker/outside the grocery
Business Hours: 10AM to 9PM Sunday to Thursday & 10AM to 10PM Friday and Saturday
Facebook: MaiWeiFangPH

Mai Wei Fang brings different parts of Northern China's cuisine to the Philippine table.

 I'm a big faaan of chinese cuisine so every year during CNY and my birth month, I make it a tradition to try a new chinese restaurant. At first I thought their chinese cuisine was different because it originated from Taiwan (this type of cuisine is famous in Taiwan) but apparently it's from Northern China. All this time I thought chinese cuisine only had the usual fried rice, duck, etc. This restaurant was such an eye opener (mouth??? lol) to the chinese-food-lover in me because I was able love another part of chinese cuisine.  I believe this type of Chinese cuisine is the first of its kind in the Philippines. Not even in Binondo did I find this type.

To be honest, I only have 3 pictures of the place ...err food because we arrived at 8:30PM (mall closes at 9:00 PM) so we had to rush. And no, my review will not be biased just because I was starving by that time 😂

Update 6/15/18: I went back to eat just so I can have additional pictures haha
Update 8/1/18: Edited some info

 Kuya is pissed off that we ordered a lot just as they were about to close jk

Mai Wei Fang's interior isn't like your usual must-have-red-accent Chinese restaurant interior. Theirs boast a laidback vibrant yellow where you can view their open kitchen.

from Abi Javellana, My Awesome Planet

Mai Wei Fang literally translates to 'Wheat Mill Room' so their food are wheat flour based.


not my hand obviously hahaha

I've just been to Taiwan a few weeks after eating at Mai Wei Fang so I was able to compare Mai Wei Fang versus the famous breakfast place in Taiwan, Fu Hang Dou Jiang. Verdict: DITCH FU HANG AND JUST EAT AT MAI WEI FANG. Although Mai Wei Fang is pricier than Fu Hang, the difference in taste justifies the price. I can't wait to go back to Mai Wei Fang and eat!

Here's what we've tried and my emoticon verdict (just because I'm too lazy to put it into words):

Chinese Iced Lemon Tea 😑
Wintermelon Chilled Tea 😑
Shao Bing Sandwich 😙 - This is quite heavy so I imagine I would love to eat this on days wherein I don't feel like eating or times when it's past my usual eating time. Add 35 and you could get a taste of their DELICIOUS CFC
Sheng Jian Bao ☺️ - this is like a fried version of XLB (xiao long bao!) 
Chinese Fried Chicken 😍 - so much love
You Tiao Dessert ☺️
Cong You Bing Sandwich ☺️ - heavy on the stomach

What I will go back for:
Soy Chilled Milk

No comments:

Post a Comment