Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Eat like your Korean idols: Seoul Train 🇰🇷

I have always wondered what do Korean idols eat? In Kdramas you would usually see the characters in coffee shops and small stalls. In the Philippines, husband and wife concert producers Vernon and Happee (Sy) Go gives you a taste of what they eat.

Hop on!


#28 Sgt. Esguerra Ave. Quezon City 1112
0917 772 2203
Store Hours: 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM, 5:30PM - 10:00 PM

From UST, take a jeep/fx/bus going to Philcoa or SM Fairview. Drop yourself off at Hi-Top Supermart and either take a tricycle to Seoul Train or walk (we walked!).


Seoul Train is hard to miss with its vibrant eye-catching facade!


They have gashapon and claw machines. I wanted to get the Disney Princess gashapon but the machine only accepts P10 coins... and I collect P10 coins 😂


They have around 6 tables for regular customers and a VIP room. I'm not sure if the P5000 VIP room is consumable though. It was a Sunday night when we went there and we were second in line. I thought we had to wait long as there were only a few tables but the turnover was unexpectedly fast - we were seated in less than 10 minutes! My friend commented that although they only have a few tables, the number was perfect. The turnover time was just right.



Menu from Seoul Train's page



Unfortunately their side dishes aren't unlimited.


We ordered 1 serving each of bul samgyeop and galbisal + plain rice (50 each) + iced tea. We paid *cough cough*... I mean my friend paid around P1200.


In order to grill, they have a minimum order: either 1 prime or 2 regular (I'm not sure if I worded it right but the minimum you can spend to grill is around P700)


One thing I love about this restaurant? Their service. I can't even remember the last time I gushed about a restaurant's service. After we ate, I had a small chat with the manager about what I liked and what I didn't. He explained to the noob me from how they handpick their meats to the grilling process. He was very accommodating and I learned how precise they try be when it came to the grilling time. I complained about how the bul samgyeop was dry and lacks flavor and he said he would be telling the griller.

...I also learned that bul samgyeop was not their specialty (recommended by Booky) but their beefs, A5 Wagyu and Yangnyeom Galbi, and Galbi Tang.


Would I come back despite barely affording their prices? YES. Wagyu next time hopefullyyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment