Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Make your own takoyaki at Kenshin Izakaya

 Last day of my preliminary exams yesterday! I think I did well (I topped one of my majors for the first time in forever! *insert Frozen❄️  singing*) except for law, which I think I'm really not meant to further pursue despite my parents' insistence.

Here is my after exams binge mantra...


My friend loves takoyaki and a week before the exams aka start of hellweek or hellweek week 1, he started talking about takoyakis in the middle of the night. In. the. middle. of. the. night. ...which got me also craving for takoyakis. How evil.

There isn't any takoyakis near our university (I found one in Antonio St. which isn't good tbh) so we were like, "after exams, must. takoyaki". Originally the plan was the usual Maginhawa or Pablo. Maginhawa was okay but Pablo is still on the hype so up until now, the lines are still long and they only offer cheese tart. I heard it sells for P599 for a 5" tart. Wtf right? Too expensive for Filipinos.

During my "study break", I stumbled upon this newly opened izakaya:


The Linear Makati, Mayapis cor. Yakal Sts., Makati City
Business Hours: 11:00am - 3:00 am daily
Contact: 09175514605 or 09498831200

It's my first time venturing into Makati without using a taxi/car. And grabe, the struggle is real. We hopped on a train at Doroteo Jose at around 1pm and the trains were full. I thought they wouldn't be huhu I tried my best control my claustrophobia. I was also excited to try my visa card that could be used as a beep card (I got one because the card looked cute 😂) but stupid me accidentally bought a new reloadable card asdfghjkl *rips hair out in frustration*

From Doroteo Jose, get off at Gil Puyat and ride a bus heading for Ayala. Get off at Buendia PNR and walk to the Filinvest condominium.


Ramen Karaage Set P298: Ramen + half karaage + rice. Their ramen and karaage is delicious! I have no past karaage experience yet but their karaage is 😍  


We made a total of 12 balls. We could make more but the waitress got our batter 💔. A takoyaki set costs P288 (They also offer make your own sushi). The price didn't justify the amount of ingredients we got but, I was able to live my dream of making takoyaki. And sadly finding out, I don't have the talent for takoyaki cooking. 

I really enjoyed the experience. My friend and I were able to test our takoyaki skills and I enjoyed arguing about the right way of cooking the takoyaki. He says you only have to put batter once, put the ingredients then turn the balls. NO. That's not how they make it in GenSan!!! They put the batter, put the ingredients, turn the balls halfway then add batter again. I grew up looking at takoyaki being cooked every Sunday or at least thrice a week. We youtubed after, and my friend was right. Takoyaki GenSan is a lieee jk

Would I come back? For karaage, ramen and sake cocktail maybe 

...after I graduate and get a job because the prices are not university student-friendly. We paid around 300 (+ service charge wherein I didn't really feel the service) each.

1 comment:

  1. Great post on "Make your own takoyaki at Kenshin Izakaya". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- chocolate making school | lifestyle cooking college

    ReplyDelete