Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

Antiteasis: Books and Brews


Antiteasis: Books and Brews
Unit C, 154 Maginhawa Street, Sikatuna Village, Quezon City

During one of the really rare study groups where we study away from the usual cafes around my university, we found ourselves in Maginhawa. Not really found. I imposed as always. I started messaging them about this place and started asking, "Sooo, where will we have our study group this Saturday?"


The cafe at night.


The cafe is open from 1:30 pm 'til 10:30pm.


With my study group buddies minus Ate Hanna because she's graduating (and leaving me #Clingy ). Plus Nathan's shobe, Ivy. Accountancy x Engineering


The cafe was super cozy. I wanted to sleep! They also have super awesome book collection. Pretty much all the books I've read or would've read if I had the time. I picked a Nancy Drew one and it was the book where Ned Nickerson made his first appearance so I was grinning the whole time <3 #CarolynKeeneTribute

Con: Slow wifi


The best thing about this cafe is that they serve real legit tea!!! I cannot contain my happiness about this. They don't serve MILK tea but TEA 茶! I was over the moon when I saw their wide selection (not posted but you can check here though it's not their updated list). They don't serve the usual English Breakfast or Earl Grey either <333


The price is right too! I ordered Rooibus Wildcherry (P80). My friends ordered Matcha (P110 - I wanted this one but it was too late when I saw it but it tastes like my favorite green tea latte), Messmer-something (P80) and I-forgot-what-it's-called. Teas can be served hot or cold.


Nathan (the guy in green) ordered his hot. He didn't like it. He prefers milk tea... I was like, seriously? You would prefer the artificial ones? TT_TT //It was our first time seeing a tea dispenser (or pot?) so the guys were playing with it. It dispenses tea when you put it atop the cup.


Failing at selfies. Sorry Ivy! 



The place isn't really the best environment for studying (for me anyway) because the books and board games are way too distracting. Definitely the best place to unwind and catch up with friends though!


Our last photo before leaving and Nathan uses his telephone shoe while Joshua feigns studying... 

No comments:

Post a Comment