Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

30cm Chicken Challenge

Say 'Hi' to the "blogger" who feeds off other people's Apple product for camera. 

The best thing about living in the Metro is the food. There are lots to choose from. From European to Asian, say it and it's somewhere in the corner. The sad thing about being an always-broke-because-saving college student though, is that there literally is very few to choose from that offers affordable (in my dictionary) and delicious food. And something I can obsess about.

My bookmark tab and liked pages pretty much consists of food-related stuffs. My past time is researching places and restaurants to go to but almost never really do because they're usually in the part of the Metro where I don't know how to go to (too poor for taxi!) and no one really likes to go with me - my friends have have different priorities in their life than walk with me to unknown places.



The week before the prelims, I finally got my roommates, who almost always have conflicting schedules with me, to go to Hot Star PH! I literally deprived myself of rice for days because I was saving up for it.

They're located at Blue Bay Walk, Macapagal Avenue cor. EDSA, Pasay City. It was at a walking distance from Mall of Asia so we didn't have a hard time navigating.



The place was nice and economical; you have to wait for your order and pick it up yourself. The only problem that I saw was the limited chairs and tables. Hot Star PH was situated in the posh side of the metro so I thought there'd be little people eating but the place was packed that Sunday and many were standing and hunting for tables.


Here's a menu I got from their website. The price is quite on par with the usual fastfood chains like Bon Chon, Tokyo Tokyo, even Chowking! ...but definitely they have larger chicken





Their specialty is chicken so we got the original, crispy and the bbq. I preferred BBQ because it was tastier but getting the original means bigger size though.


I read on a blog once that the chicken they serve is 30cm. They weren't kidding! I did not measure but boy was it big! When I saw the size, I felt like I was in Chicken Heaven. I don't think I'll be eating chicken for awhile after this.

Jollibee I challenge you to the 30cm Chicken Challenge!

PS. I'm adding this to my bucketlist: Eat a bigger chicken than Hot Star's

No comments:

Post a Comment