Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Of Expensive Calculators

I can't believe people actually spend a dime for these. I can't believe I actually did too.


Eye-popping. Jaw dropping.
I know. Been there. Done that.

A whopping P1,399.00 for a piece of this:


It's a Casio fx-991ES


I was actually planning on getting a cheaper one until I saw their specifications. Fx-99IES had 417 functions while the other one that costs only a couple hundred cheaper only had around 400. I was torn between buying something cheaper with okay quality or buying something quite expensive with about twice its qualities... Well, you know what happened in the end... I ended up buying the 'quite expensive' one because I remembered what happened to the last calculator that I had --I bought something cheap, around P200-something and in the end, I wasn't able to use it for my Geometry subject.

(I don't really like the design because I would prefer something black so that the scratches that I never fail to make in any of my things would seem semi-invisible unless looked upon closely...)

I hope I won't regret buying this rather than the cheaper one and hopefully wouldn't lose it too (I should try to embed my name on it for safekeeping). I mean, it does cost as much as a regular phone would.

No comments:

Post a Comment